The Student News Site of North Polk High School

The Orbit

The Orbit

The Orbit

One Man Band

The Face Behind the North Polk High School Yearbook
Yearbook Editor Isabelle Lowe.

Quoting one of my newspaper predecessors, Ms. Olivia Moody, “Many students claim that they only get a yearbook for their mother.” While this may be true in some cases, every year’s yearbook staff makes it their job to make these mothers happy, as well as a more appreciative future student when being able to look back on their high school years. 

The yearbook staff this year in question is Isabell, Izzy, Lowe, a senior starting a new journey with the yearbook. 

Lowe states that her role in the yearbook last year was very different from her position currently. 

“I only edited the yearbook last year and now I’m making it, so sometimes I don’t even know what I’m doing,” explained Lowe. 

When referring to “making” the yearbook, Lowe points to the software Pixami where she is able to create the pages that will be featured on the yearbook. Currently she is working on the “ladder” ,which she describes as the organization of the pages of the yearbook.

“It’s everything from the cover pages, to end pages, to the divider pages and so many other things,” explained Lowe. 

Furthermore, she expressed that she is focusing on the vision of “travel brochures” for the theme of the 2023-2024 yearbook and is in the process of finding graphics for the pages that will fit said theme. 

“I am wildly excited to have creative freedom over the project and have the ability to collaborate to make a finished product,” conveyed Lowe.