The Student News Site of North Polk High School

The Orbit

The Orbit

The Orbit

North Polk Broadcasters Take On PBS

Image from the PBS website.
Image from the PBS website.

With the year coming to a close, it seems that all anyone can talk about is Summer and what it will bring: a break from school, time to sleep in and for two North Polk Broadcasters, an internship with one of the Broadcasting giants.

The North Polk Journalism Department would like to congratulate junior Bella Brandi and recent graduate Brodie Figgins for being chosen to be the Public Broadcasting Service’s (PBS) Summer interns. 

The two were the only ones that were chosen from those who applied, this conveying a significant feat within the Journalism Department and more specifically the Broadcasting class.

Brandi stated that when she got the phone call offering her the internship and she accepted she “ran out to [her] mom and was practically screaming.” 

She explained that the application process required a reference, an essay and contact information; later on in the interview process she described that there was a tour of the facility and some questions about availability. She moreover stated that the network was willing to work around her several other activities, with some days working more hours than others. 

I am so proud of both Brodie and Bella in being selected for this internship.  Both have grown with our program, and each is bringing in a myriad of skills and interests to PBS,” expressed journalism advisor Jessica Trier. Moreover, Trier stated “PBS could not have chosen better interns.”