Over The Net

2021 Volleyball Tournament

The+winning+team+consisted+of+Sal+Capaldo%2C+Jevin+Sullivan%2C+Talula+Monk%2C+Victoria+Nerem%2C+Alana+Doonan.+

The winning team consisted of Sal Capaldo, Jevin Sullivan, Talula Monk, Victoria Nerem, Alana Doonan.

Alexis Dorsett, Newspaper Editor

This year, the North Polk Student Council hosted a volleyball tournament to raise money for families in need at the elementary schools.

Bella Baker, chairman of the volleyball tournament, came up with the idea because it allows “a chance to have the students come out one night and just have fun and play volleyball. This gives the kids a chance to really just enjoy a fun atmosphere to clear some stress.”

The volleyball tournament was $5 per person to participate in it. The money will be going towards creating take-home winter break bags for the students at West and Central elementary.  

To keep the games going smoothly, “The student council committee will be line judging, keeping scores, and making sure everyone is doing what needs to be done,” stated Baker. 

The tournament was held on December 9 at 6:45p.m. Typically the tournament lasts about 3 to 4 hours. This year the tournament had 10 different teams competing against each other. The winning team was 55th street which included: Sal Capaldo, Jevin Sullivan, Talula Monk, Victoria Nerem, and Alana Doonan.

Overall, the tournament was successful and raised a lot of money for the elementary schools.