Teeing off the Boys’ Golf Season

Olivia Moody, Newspaper Editor

While many students only associate the word drive with their vehicles, the boys’ golf team has a different sense of the word. 

Just like the girls’ golf team, the boys’ team has been spending their spring practice at the TCI golf course. 

Coach Adam Bloom says that the golf teammates have been perfecting their skills in chipping, putting and driving. “We are very fortunate to have the quality of facilities that TCI provides in our district. When we can’t practice at TCI, we have gone to Jester Park or do what we can around the high school,” explained Bloom. 

Because of recent weather conditions, many sporting events have been canceled but the team has two upcoming home golf tournaments on April 26 and May 2 at TCI, as well as many other locations. 

The team has 20 boys out for the golf team this year, with many returning players. With this in mind, Bloom is looking forward to seeing the outcome of the season, “This group loves the game and has put a lot of work in outside of the season. I’m excited to see what they are able to improve on as individuals and as a team. We have great senior leadership and big things are possible from these guys!”

Bloom is aiming to advance into the postseason as well as earn a conference title this season.