The Alibis

2022 High School Play

Sydney Mast, Same Weers, and Jordan Rassmusen rehearsing their scene in the play.

Alexis Dorsett, Newspaper Editor

As school is coming to an end, the high school play is getting close to show time. 

Rianna Hasselblad is the stage manager for the play. This is her first year helping with the play. She assists in setting the stage for each scene with the sets and the props. 

This year, the play being presented is called “The Alibis” inspired by Agatha Christie. Hasselblad described the play as a “mystery comedy play.”

The play will be performed on Saturday, May 7 at 7 p.m.and Sunday, May 8 at 2 p.m.  

To prepare for the play, they have been practicing since March 21. They did a whole read through to be able to understand the main idea of how the play will be performed. They practice after school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and sometimes Friday. However, the people who participate in the play are typically very involved students throughout the school, so to be able to get in the practice they need to practice in the morning. 

During practice people come in and rehearse their scenes for an hour to an hour and a half. Hasselblad shared, “They will run the scene and get pointers from Mrs. Vernon, Mrs. Seligman, the student directors, and the stage managers.”

Lastly, Hasselblad mentioned, “This play has been so fun to be a part of so far and I am so excited for the performances because I think people are really going to enjoy this one.”