The Student News Site of North Polk High School

The Orbit

The Orbit

The Orbit

Galaxy News 5.22.24

Leave a Comment
More to Discover
About the Contributors
Aidan Trier
Aidan Trier, Broadcast Editor
Aidan Trier is a sophomore Broadcast editor after his freshman year getting familiar with the Journalism department in Intro to Journalism and Journalism Productions.  “I joined this class to experience many aspects of this school,” regarded Trier. Trier participates in marching band, speech, mock trial and soccer while in school and outside of school he enjoys reading, playing games and is involved with the boy scouts troop affiliated with North Polk. In regards to the future, Trier is unsure as to what he wants to do.
Lucas Bakken
Lucas Bakken, Broadcast Editor
Lucas Bakken is currently in his Junior year as a North Polk student participating in the journalism program. His experience in journalism extends to last year (2021-22) as well. His role on the journalism team includes recording and editing the crew's videos, more specifically the fine arts side of the school. “Usually I make more band and art-oriented stuff,” said Bakken in his staff interview. Bakken believes that journalism is a good mix of learning important skills, like the camera and computer for example, while also having a lot of fun. Bakken believes that public speaking is an important part of journalism, and is something that he has also improved on a lot. “I also like talking in front of [people]. I like the camera, I like the spotlight.” Outside of journalism, Bakken enjoys partaking in speech, band, jazz band, and trap shooting.

Comments (0)

All The Orbit Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *