Winter Dance Comeback

Journalism+students+Bella+Brandi%28far+left%29%2C+Alexis+Dorsett%28left%29+and+Nahiane+Buresso%28right%29+joined+their+friends+for+dinner+before+the+Winter+Dance.+

Journalism students Bella Brandi(far left), Alexis Dorsett(left) and Nahiane Buresso(right) joined their friends for dinner before the Winter Dance.

Olivia Moody, Newspaper Editor

After a year-long break from the winter dance, it has finally had its revival.

On the night of Saturday, Feb. 26, students crowded the commons area of the high school in their finery. Students were treated to cupcakes and cookies from the cooking class, and the music and photo booth was provided by KNM Productions.

The doors to the dance were opened at 7:30 p.m. and closed at 8 p.m., and the entrance fees for the dance were increased this year to $7. While many people left throughout the duration of the dance, it lasted until 10:30 p.m.

Students were able to brush off their dance moves to the 2000s pop and hip hop that was played over the speakers. The worm, the traditional band dance circle, and people getting low were just a few scenes at the dance. 

While it seemed that students were having a good time at the dance, it is always difficult to please everyone. 

Hailey Hines noted that “They played a breakup song for the slow dance so, didn’t quite make sense.” Anthony Thomas also attended the dance and had a lot to say, “it was mid, nothing happened…it was not cash money.” 

Senior Austin Mays has advice for people who do not enjoy school dances, “If you can find your little huddle of people, and you just start dancing it’s a pretty bomb night.”