Goodbye “The Orbit”

Alexis Dorsett Signing Off

As my time as a Newspaper Editor comes to an end, I left my mark in the broadcast room.

Alexis Dorsett, Newspaper Editor

This will be the last article I will write for the North Polk newspaper, “The Orbit.” I will be graduating from North Polk this Sunday, May 22.

Newspaper was an amazing experience I had during high school. I got to write about things that interested me, talk to new people I would normally not talk to, dig deeper into things going on to inform others, create closer connections with my fellow journalism students, and share a bond with both of my journalism teachers, Jessica Trier and Tia Stubbs. 

“The Orbit” is something that I hope will continue to grow throughout the next coming years. I hope more students learn about the class and the online newspaper. 

Newspaper and the journalism classes have taught me many things I will be bringing with me in life. It taught me how to communicate with other people, how to write in different formats, and most importantly how to be a part of something bigger than myself. Like sports I have participated in, the newspaper is a team effort. 

Overall, I am very thankful for the time I have spent writing for the newspaper. I will be holding onto these memories for the rest of my life. As my time as a Newspaper Editor comes to an end, I left my mark in the broadcast room.